Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Derby Party

Where: The Millar Home
When: First Saturday in May
Why: Gathering to watch the Run for the Roses
There were hats, Mint Juleps (minus the Bourbon),there was betting (albeit with slips of paper instead of cash and prizes of yummy candy bars),there was food, (I made FOUR Derby Pies)lots of friends and tons of FUN! The 136th running of the Kentucky Derby*Thing to remember. When heading to the track, take along a Jackson, we ended up with 4 of the 6 bags of candy from the bets. (I picked Super Saver to win and found out later Rich did too!)

Thanks Drew and Ashlee for a perfect night!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Looks like a great party. I will keep in mind the luck of the Jacksons. I absolutely love your hat Cheryl. It is beautiful.

Marcie said...

What a fun party! I had intentions of making Derby pie all week and then life got too crazy. Maybe I'll treat myself for Mother's Day.


Saturday was a 12 hour straight day of running from one event to another around here (and we still had to miss two soccer games in the process). I was so sad we couldn't have the Hamiltons over for the Derby.......next year for sure. Instead we all watched it pre-recorded late on Sat. night.

It's too bad Derby is so early in the spring and runs the risk of rain every year. We so lucked out to get a beautiful Derby the year we attended. Wasn't that so much fun.