Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Missing the "y"

During a mad dash to the bathroom during one of the boys' basketball timeouts, Brynn grabbed a stall door and exclaimed, "It's not llla-ocked."

My ears suddenly became sharp and keen. I looked to her face. There she stood, tongue on the top of her lips as she carefully and deliberately sounded out an L.

My heart sank.

Next, during a Krispy Kreme drive thru run she scrunched up her eyebrows and struggled to properly pronounce "gllla-azed."

Oh no.

Over the next few days, it was "Kait-la-in" instead of the cute "Kait-yin", "love" instead of "yub" and "la-ike" not "yike."

I am dreading hearing the word "little" escape her lips instead of my beloved "yittle."

I am missing the her "y" already.

I certainly was not hoping it would last forever. Speech therapy was not on my dream to-do list, but it's one more solid fact that my girls are getting big.

I seriously might be having an emotional breakdown, but with a baby in my arms during nearly every waking minute, I know I still have one more "yittle guy" I can snuggle and kiss and watch the baby stages progress a bit longer.

She did treat me to one "yaugh" today and I got kick when she gobbled up her dinner and announced it was "la-ummy."

Seems she might still be "yittle" just a bit longer.

Thank heavens!

No comments: