Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thirty-four


I don't really think it was a conscience decision, but birthdays have never bothered me.  Yes, I have yet to reach loftier, more impressive numbers and I did tell my crew that when I hit the big 4-0 we will be founding dining at the Carnation Plaza in Disneyland, for sure.  But for now, I really enjoy getting older.

I was excited to hit 30.  I had five kids and it seemed right to be past my twenties.

Every birthday has been a happy celebration, because my crew LOVES a good party.  Don't we all?

This year was no exception.  I mean, there's really not any difference between the number 33 and 34 in my opinion.

I also realized that Sunday is the absolute perfect day for a birthday.  You celebrate all weekend and can spend your real birthday together as a family.  And being Sunday and all, you don't even have to workout.  Love it!

I had a fabulous birthday.  The girls and I found a to-die-for cupcake beauty.  Rich and the kids strung crate paper around the kitchen like pros and Stouffer's cooked us up a fantastic Sunday feast. 

I have to give props to the ward program person because they listed the ward members birthdays and I felt like a rock star when everyone was wishing me a Happy Birthday when they were leaving Sacrament Meeting.  I never saw it since Zach and I were bonding in the hallway. 

Primary is the best at birthdays.  My old class hugged my legs when I walked in and they let me drag Brynn and Kaitlyn up with me when I was the lone birthday girl to be sung to. 

Our home teachers dropped by (for a scheduled) visit and they shared a powerful message about music, which was really lovely.  My V.T. dropped off cupcakes and the phone rang off the hook and the text message and emails kept pouring in. 

The kids helped Rich wrap up my stash of goodies (complete with Webkinz things I bought for myself....). 

The kids faces might not be the same after the scary amounts of bright frosting they consumed and I loved every shirt Rich, along with Josh and Trey, picked out for me.  What taste. 

I am so blessed to have an incredible family.  I have a husband I adore, kids that are my joy and parents, in-laws I am in awe of and couldn't live without, siblings/SILs/their wives that I love to pieces and friends that I am lucky to call my 'sisters'. 

I felt so loved.

Thanks for the fabulous day, from the bottom of my heart.












2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Who's a bad friend?..me! After I got off the phone with you, I thought, have I missed Cheryl's birthday? I had to look at the calendar to see what the date was and I realized I missed your birthday and my sisters:( these days my mind is somewhere else! I'm glad you had a good day but sad I wasn't able to call you and wish a happy birthday. I'll find a way to make up for it!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!! So glad you had a nice weekend celebrating. Love your cakes!

You look great Cheryl... or as I think Rhett all the way in Ecuador phrased it... you make 34 look amazing!