Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BFFs



While Zach and I were looking through the racks of clearance winter items and coats the girls found their way to the display of shiny necklaces, bracelets and rings. They were glittery, colorful and 100% girly.

I had already decided that there was no way I was going to buy more jewelry for my little princesses, until I walked over and spied best friend necklaces that were absolutely perfect for twin sisters.

Right then I was caught up in a flashback of those gold half heart necklaces proudly worn by other middle student girls and you knew the missing half could be found around their best friend's neck.

Suddenly Brynn and Kaitlyn had to have a set of their own.

It was a hard decision between the heart set and the cupcake one, but in the end they agreed on the hearts. Pink for Brynn. Purple for Kaitlyn. Just like I had assigned their bottles and blankies when they were babies.

We purchased our items and as we left the store we stopped next to a bench so I could put the necklaces on.

Their eyes were big and their grins were wide as I fastened the precious gems.  They got close and touched each other's bedazzled hearts.

Brynn looked Kaitlyn straight in the eyes and declared, "Kaitlyn we are best friends forever and we now have special necklaces. We can never fights when we are wearing them." Then after a brief pause she finished her sentence, "Unless we take them off .  We could fight then."

The honest truth. They love and adored each other, but as siblings often do, tempers can flair, tears are shed and they need time apart. But after a little spat or squabble it doesn't take long until I find them tucked away together in some remote corner of the house lost in their magical land of make believe.

BFF: Best Friends Forever

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh Cheryl I started tearing up just seeing the first picture......as I knew what was to come. Those necklaces are as beautiful and perfect as the sisters wearing them. So glad you got them.

What a treasure you have to watch the two of them grow up together.

Sally said...

Me too...tears.

Nothing better than a sister.