Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow Days 5 & 6

Over the past TWELVE days my boys have been to school THREE times. I feel like we are suddenly in the middle of a second holiday break, only this one fell between Civil Rights Day and Presidents Day. More snow is predicted for Monday and Tuesday of next week. I hope my boys set foot inside a classroom in the near future.

Despite the snow packed and slick roads we have been busy. Monday was a holiday so we went bowling with my brother Jeff and his wife Sarah. Tuesday we ran errands getting decals for Pinewood Derby cars, groceries and took the gang to open gym at Lexington Gymnastics. We ended the day by hitting Dairy Queen for a "buy one, get one free Blizzard when it snows" deal.

Today I think we'll just sit tight and let us all catch up on rest. The girls have horrible coughs. Zach got a triple whammy and has a rattling cough, runny nose and goopy eye. He just looks sick, even when he's smiling. I canceled his immunizations that were supposed to be today and moved them to next week. Hard to believe my little guy is already six months old.

But don't feel sorry for us. We are enjoying sleeping in, watching the Olympics at night and having a break from our usually tight schedule. It's a winter wonderland here and I love it. The snow and icicles are lovely. Last night the moon reflected off the pristine white snow making the world glow with its soft light. Kentucky is beautiful in winter.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Crazy Kentuckians and their snow days. Tell 'em to man up.

Sarah said...

I just chuckled when I read about the free blizzard from Dairy Queen because it reminded me of a billboard I just saw. McDonalds is advertising a Big Mac buy-one-get-one-for-the-price-of-the-temperature-outside. So if it's 15 degrees, the 2nd Big Mac is 15 cents. Clever marketing!