Monday, November 14, 2011

A dozen


September 26

My baby turned 12!  How??  It seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital to our little condo in Provo.  A year later we moved our family of three to Louisville.  Suddenly we are a family of eight and Trey is in Young Mens.  Life just rushes by.  You blink and they are big, well bigger.  Thankfully none of them have passed me up in height.  Yet.

Trey opened his presents before school.  He is a present counter.  He walks around the table.  Counts every one.  Shakes them and tries to figure out what it underneath the paper.  He thought he knew exactly what he was getting, but that look of surprise was priceless when he opened up the Xbox 360 with Kinect.  Never had a birthday present quite that that before.

I love Trey.  He's smart and handsome.  He's sweet and kind.  He tells me he loves me and gives me big hugs and it doesn't matter one bit who is looking.  He has a giant heart and is wise and innocent at the same time.  He's a lot like me.  Hopefully all of my good parts.  He loves BYU.  He dreams of playing football next year.  He's great at soccer and I love hearing him play the piano.  He's a wonderful boy and I'm so blessed to call him my son.

I will never forget his ordination.  Three Richard Taylor Jackson's in the room. All holding the priesthood after the prayer. The first grandchild. My oldest son.  It made me tear up.  Then two weeks later, watching Trey pass the sacrament for the first time.  We spoke in church and Rich's parents were there.  My heart filled with love and gratitude.  A moment I'll never forget.

Happy Birthday Trey man.  We LOVE you! 












No comments: