Monday, November 8, 2010

Just like old times....


Good friends are one of the biggest blessings in life.  I never realized or imagined how important friends could be until I moved far away from family for a decade.  They are the ones who step in and help at a moments notice, who love your kids like you do, who are always up for a fun outing to the zoo, come over for holiday parties and craft sessions and don't mind a lengthy chat on the phone to simply catch up on life.

Traci is amazing.  We met back in January 2001.  We both were in Young Women's and were the ones constantly found the back trying to keep our tiny pre-nursery boys quiet during the lessons and activities.  I vividly remember sharing a green feast with her and Trevor on a St. Patrick's Day night, discussing our little fellas.  A fast friendship was made.  Our boys became best friends.   Trips to parks or the zoo were a must, as well were quiet afternoons spent at each others homes.

She was the one I called when I needed to go to the hospital when I was having preterm labor with the girls.  I dropped off Josh and Matt early that morning and she picked Trey up from the bus stop after school and kept them into the evening.  She also was the one we called at 3 AM when my water broke asking if the boys could come over for a little sleep over.  She didn't bat an eye.

We've met up in Utah for Cafe Rio, shared a babysitter when we went to Wicked and one day I can't wait to traipse through Disneyland with this southern California native and her brood.

Years of shared memories I can cherish and a lifetime more just waiting to be made.

Traci called me a week before Election day and asked if the boys were off.  We were.  So she and her kiddos drove up from Louisville and spent the day with us.  We gobble up pizza, played some Bingo, the big boys tossed the football around and explored the school playground.  The girls dressed up and Traci and I talked and talked.

I wish it could have lasted a week.

Thanks Underwoods for your visit.  We love you guys.  Please know wherever we go, you are always welcome!












2 comments:

Jana said...

How fun to have friends come visit. I hope all is going well in your new place. We sure miss you guys! It has been too long. Love you!

Marcie said...

Tea party next summer at your house. Check.