Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The early bird gets the.... candy cane!


We popped into the mall yesterday before preschool to return a shirt at the Gap.  As we exited the escalator we were shocked!  Right there in front of us, there he was, the big man himself, Santa Claus!  There was no line so we walked right in.  Zach was perfectly content to stay safe in my arms until just before we took the picture.  Kaitlyn was nervous telling Santa she wanted a Barbie House.  Brynn explained she hadn't finished her list yet, but was a chatter box nonetheless.  She asked if he lived in the South Pole.  Wondered why he had fur on his suit.  Her cheeks were flushed with excitement and a wide grin was spread across her face.  Santa told the girls his reindeer were up on the roof enjoying our much needed rain.  He showed them the special jingle bells he used to call them down.  He told them to be good and gave them a coloring book.  A perfect visit with Old St. Nick.  Now we'll just have to make sure to mail those lists at Macy's in Santa's special mailbox in December and hopefully let the big boys have a turn sitting on Santa's lap too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, before thanksgiving???? you rock!

Ashlee said...

So smart! I never get pictures with Santa cause a. the lines are always way too long and b. my boys hate santa!

I have a feeling you will be back with the other 3:)

Marcie said...

I would have forgotten about the mailbox at Macey's. I was the one who discovered it last year. Seriously, often I wonder if I have completely lost my brain.

Kristi said...

My girls would never in a million years sit on that creep guys' lap. Oh and by the way, your "baby" is HUGE! He looks to be about the same size as your girls! Most definitely starving every night. For sure. :)