Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Trey's Birthday Bash

Trey
September 26
Ten years old
Trey and his haul.
When I was setting it up the night before, I told Rich I had to make sure Trey had a few little things to open because he always counts how many gifts he has. After midnight Trey came downstairs because he couldn't fall asleep (far too excited) and Rich was there in the kitchen. He witnessed that the first thing Trey immediately did was count every single item. "Nine" he said with a smile. Rich was impressed I knew Trey so well.
All the kids love the tradition that they get one small gift on a sibling's birthday. We started it when Trey was little, because it was hard to have twin brothers get lots of cool new things and not have anything of your own to open.Kaitlyn got a small Barbie and Brynn got a microphone that sings Ariel songs.Our "bookends"
-single births at the beginning and end, with twins in the middle
He got: a Nerf gun, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Bakugan traps, Scribblenauts DS game, Madagascar 2 PS2 game, a skateboard and pads and money

A real treat, a purchased birthday cake. I never buy the cake, but the kids LOVE them. I guess I'll have to do that every ten years....

The celebration actually began the day before, when we came to lunch on Friday and brought cupcakes to share with his class. I am so happy that at ten he still doesn't mind his mom and younger siblings coming to eat with him.Happy Birthday big guy. We love you SO much!

5 comments:

Marcie said...

So I wrote you a big long comment.......and then my computer shut down without warning and I lost it all.

So long story short:

*glad you're back!
* can't believe Trey is ten
* we need like 400 more pictures of beautiful Zach
* Indian men on the other end of the phone make us CRAZY too.

p.s. Did I mention I was glad you're back.

p.s.s. The collages are made with picassa. It's free, you make them online.....SO easy to make and saves about a million hours on BLURB. Check it out. Call me if you have questions. No one needs the use of a good collage more than yourself........photo taker extraordinaire.

Jen said...

TOOOO FUNNY!! The story of Dell. I love the "India Fella" well, actually I don't. Is anyone from America anymore?? They wonder why you won't listen to their little robotically memorized line. Hmmm, could it be that you can't understand a darn word they say? Just a thought. Ahhh, that feels good.

Happy b-day to Trey, the kids are darling and I'm glad you have a computer. I love Kenny too! Go Kenny!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Happy Birthday Trey!!

Glad your back.. about to drive up there to make sure you were all okay :-)
Enjoy your fall.. miss you at St. James this weekend (not even sure if I can go!

Laura F said...

Okay, I have to say this whole birthday thing you have going is awesome. I wish you'd come decorate my house and do my kids' birthdays, too! Or at least just mine! ;-) What lucky kids.

Heather Woolley said...

Happy Birthday Trey Man! I can't believe you are ten already! We miss you!