Monday, September 28, 2009

Back to blogging

Can I hear a mighty "HALLELUJAH!!"


My world has finally been restored to working order.


It only took:


One placed Dell order back on September 7, 2009.


Followed by:


Delayed order email #1- package to arrive: September 22


Delayed order email #2- package to arrive: September 29


Delayed order email and phone message #3- package to arrive: October 6


And no promises that this would be the final delay.


I had enough of Dell and their inept abilities to get me a computer.


So I called Customer Service.


I talked to some fella from India.


No help.


I hung up mad.


Then I called back and talked to another fella from India.


I asked to talk to his manager.


I chatted to a third fella from India, who also was no help.


I requested to speak to his manager.


He said there was none.


I said, "So, you don't have a boss. You are the president of the company."


He replied, "No mam', I am not the president."


Ah, yeah, I really did know that.


I hung up again, really mad.


No computer, no reason, no freebees, no answers. Nothing.


Then my phone rang and a fella from the USA was on the line asking for a Mr. So and So.


Not pleased, I said, "There is no such person here. Add me to your do not call list."


He apologetically informed me he was from Dell and had been given this number for Tech Support.


Obviously he had the wrong number, but I pounced on the possibility that he might be just the someone who could actually help me.


And he did.


For the next hour he tried every avenue to find out why my computer had not arrived. He tried to get me free stuff or expedited shipping. He even went out on a limb and risked his own neck to tell me that if he had to transfer me, act mad and tell them you were going to cancel your order, so they would give me more stuff.


That's real customer service.


In the end he found that the original computer had back order parts and he wasn't' sure when it would arrive.


I had a feeling he might say that.


So we found another computer. He told me who to call to cancel my original order and then he called me back when he saw the order had been canceled so he could place my new order and give me rush delivery. He also gave us a 7% discount because Rich worked at a university hospital.


What a guy that Kenny.

My computer came two days later.


It was like Christmas in September.


I nearly had a tear in my eye when Rich pulled the new system out.


Heaven I tell ya.


So thanks to Kenny.


I couldn't take another day without a working computer that didn't crash every two minutes.

Plus my SD card has over 2,00o photos needed to be uploaded.


And our dads hadn't seen a photo of Zach since he was a week old.

My fingers are itching to type and I'm eager to post all we've been up to.


It's been too long.


I told Rich it's going to kill me to post all our happenings.


He said, "No, it's going to kill me."


Too true.


But it'll be worth every single key stroke and uploading second.


I'm back.


And I couldn't be happier!

2 comments:

Laura F said...

Thank you Kenny! I hadn't seen any new pictures of your little one, either! :-)

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

how AGGRAVATING... just a tip... next time buy a Mac... you walk out of the store with it... (we just switched).