Thursday, July 3, 2008

Favorite Thing

I love when Oprah unveils her favorite things. Sure, I rarely catch it on TV, but I love seeing what she has fallen in love with recently. I too have a new found favorite thing. It's actually a gift we gave to Josh for his birthday, but it's been enjoyed by us all (except Rich that is, who isn't a sugar junkie like the rest of us...). I bought a Rival Deluxe Ice Shaver from Wal-mart last week. I also bought 10 different flavors ($1.98 each) so our kitchen has suddenly transformed into a Hawaiian Shaved Ice Shack. I love the machine. You can use ice cubes from your freezer and it works very quickly which is a good thing since we are often feeding the masses around here. The best part is instead of shelling out $2.50 per cup we can now enjoy them for mere pennies whenever we want. Love it! It's a perfect summertime (or year round for us) treat!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

But the question is: do you put ice cream on the bottom and make it a true hawaiian shaved ice? You can even drizzle a little sweetened condensed milk on top for a super sweet taste. Love it.

traci said...

We have that same one and it is the boys' favorite. Plus, they make the sugar free syrup and Gage gets to join in on the fun. I am glad you get to make yours whenever you want too. The neighborhood kids come over and ask when we are making them!