Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lone Peak Football


Once upon a time, there was an evil, hated high school in a far off, remote town called Highland.  The dreaded Lone Peak Knights were full of mean, vicious players we all despised.  I booed them.  I hissed at them.  And in return, they tried to kill my helpless little brother as he tried to pass or hand off the football to his teammates.  The only thing that spared his life, was a broken thigh pad after a monster hit and a deep thigh bruise that left him limping for weeks.  Never, would I speak their name.  And never, ever would my children ever step foot in those darken halls of Lone Peak.


Alas, years later I found myself sitting on their bleachers once again, but on the opposite side.  My son proudly displaying their logo on his head and chest.  My girls danced to their music and Trey roamed the stands with his fellow Lone Peak fans.  What had become of my oath?  Buried in the past.  Time has helped heal old wounds.   Forgive, probably not.  Forget, no way.  But move on.  I had better.  Josh's baseball team this spring is Lone Peak and they are all destined to one day be Knights themselves.  And somehow, like a miracle, I don't mind the sound of that.







Lone Peak: 51   Hunter: 6

2 comments:

Sally said...

Nothing better than Fall football...at any age! I'm sure you watched the amazing Stanford game last night! I couldn't believe it.

Jana said...

Lone Peak? I guess Brad can move on too, for Josh! :)