Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Call of the Wild

What a welcome home! Who knew after a ten day trip home, you could be greeted by an entryway and kitchen full of ants, a bathroom with spiders and even a cricket in the family room. It was like the little creatures knew we were away and decided to descend into our happy little home. Really, I was a bit shocked. I really did leave a clean house. I always think if we die in a plane crash flying home, I certainly don't want our families to think we lived like pigs! I would hope all the nasty little things don't reflect the cleanliness of my home, but grossed me out. I went on a full on Raid fest by the front door and nearly screamed when I found a little trail of ants moving up the pipes and into the garbage can under the kitchen sink. Are you kidding me? There was nothing in the can. Where did these pests come from? Anyway, I hope most are dead and the traps are set. Never in my life have I seen anything like it. We'll blame Kentucky for it, or maybe the kids. Oh well, at least we didn't find mice. Not yet anyway!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Mice . . . we've caught 2 in our basement (cold storage room) in the last two weeks! It grosses me out! Welcome back home to KY!