Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Visitors


My heart raced as a my eyes scanned the massive crowds that unloaded from the train and passed through security.  Friends and family of arriving passengers lined the walls.  Balloons, signs and flowers were in hand.  Loved ones embraced.  You could feel the love in the air. 

Maybe it was a bit of Christmas magic, bringing those you love who were far apart together again. 

As I watched the reunions, my emotions were heightened.  I suddenly felt the length of a year.  I knew how much had gone by since our last visit.  It had been nearly 365 days since I had been with my parents, by far the longest separation from them in my life.

When I got a glimpse of my dad, then my mom, making their way towards me and my littlest three, tears filled my eyes, but my heart was filled with the warmth and love only family can bring. 

The girls ran forward and wrapped their bodies around their grandparents.  Their excitement could not be contained.  My Christmas was complete once I joined them in their arms.



2 comments:

Jana said...

So glad they could come and spend Christmas with you guys. It had been too long since you've seen them, right?

Marcie said...

This made me cry.

Just like I do everytime I see a reunion in an airport. I can't believe it had been a year since you'd seen your parents. That is a very long time. YAY for Grandparents!