Friday, December 17, 2010

Preschool Christmas Program and Class Party



 
Every class presented their song or poem and then all the classes came together and sang a few Christmas songs as a group. 

Kaitlyn's class recited a poem about mittens.  It talked about how they had asked for toys and lots of fun things, but ended up with mittens instead.  And they certainly had not asked for mittens.  At the end a boy in the middle raised up his hands and said, "but I got gloves!"  It was cute.

Brynn's class recited a poem called 'Shy Santa' and how he only brings toys when the kids are in bed!  She loved wearing her pink Santa hat.  I was impressed with how much of the poem she knew on her own.


I was so happy when they let Kaitlyn and Brynn stand next to each other.  They sang Jingle Bells, Away in a Manger, We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a song called A Special Night.  It was a real Methodist/Christian style Christmas song about Jesus' birthday complete with animal sounds.  I remember the boys singing a few like that back when they were in preschool.






Kaitlyn's teachers gave her a book and these funny glasses for Christmas.  She loved them.
The next day (Wednesday) I went to Brynn's class to help with her Christmas party.  They decorated trees, made snowman by wrapping a child with toilet paper and had a sugar cookie treat.  Every parent signs up to help with one class party, so I was sad that I couldn't see Kaitlyn, but I already helped with her Halloween party and I didn't want to infringe on the other parent's opportunity by showing up.  Brynn's teacher doesn't care who comes, the more the merrier she says.  That's my philosophy too!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: