Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A little taste of Winter


Okay, so I KNOW this is a WIMPY snow fall, especially since I've seen the photos of the FEET of snow others have already had the pleasure to shovel this year, BUT we had snow flurries all day, it was a high of 34 and Trey announced he 'LOVED the BLIZZARD we had all day long' the second he walked in the door from school.  Plus is was DECEMBER 1, which made the tiny bits of white usher in Christmas perfectly. 

Yes, I didn't manage to get a photo of Kaitlyn all bundled up nice and warm before she dashed back into the house and stayed there when I went in for my camera.  No, I didn't take any photo of Brynn's mud pie in the deflated dodge ball which consequently turned most of her pretty pink into an ugly brown.  And I did crop out Zach sockless, shoeless foot when Rich was holding him.  We he came out with me he got his feet covered in gunk and I wasn't going to bring him out again, but he managed to persuaded Rich into a quick dash outside with some big tears, huge hand gestures and a wide grin when they walked into the brisk air.  But that is what happens in life.

As the Christmas lights twinkled on the mantel, the Holly Wreath candle filled the air and the snow clinked on the window pane it was just the start we needed for this glorious month.

Brynn happily exclaimed to her Daddy, "Winter is my favorite day of Christmas Eve."

I couldn't have said it better myself.




No comments: