Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Notre Dame Campus


After we met Rich's parents in front of the stadium, we had an hour and a half before kick off so we ran around campus.  The night before I talked to my brother Jeff who had visited campus before.  He told me a few highlights to hit.  I googled 'what to see on campus' so I had an idea of where to go and what not to miss.  We grabbed lunch from a little club fundraiser BBQ and I started crossing off my list.  We saw the Main Building, Basilica, The Grotto, the Marching Band, the library and strolled through campus (though we were at a near run to get back to the stadium before kick off.)  While South Bend was a tiny town in the middle of nowhere and a place I found to be less than ideal, the campus was beautiful and we loved being there. So much history and tradition.  I felt like I needed to pinch myself to truly believe we were there.
























3 comments:

Sarah said...

Someone has got to comment on this amazing post!! What beautiful pictures! I am so glad that you got to see everything that the campus has to offer. And, that man has got to be 8 feet tall to make Rich look short! I love you all so much!

Marcie said...

Okay, laughing about Sarah's comment because that was what I was going to say. That teammate of Rich's must be insanely tall!

You always seem to get such great family photos. You're kids are trained so well. Mine seem to always be doing stupid faces in the group shots because I can't see them to make them stop.

You were wise not to try to get into the bookstore before the game. We did that and it was body to body......and it is a HUGE bookstore.

Sally said...

I too, was just about to comment on the tall guy!

Speechless.

The photos are incredible! Thanks for sharing the beauty.