Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Michigan


South Bend, Indiana has very limited hotel accommodations.  The nearest available hotel when we started looking for rooms was twenty miles north in Benton Harbor, Michigan. 

I had never been to Michigan before and once I saw the online photos of the lighthouse on Lake Michigan I was dying to go.  Rich's parents booked us rooms and we drove up after the game.

The next day, Sunday, September 26, just happened to be Trey's 11th birthday.  I decorated the room and we had a little party that morning.  We then drove out to the lake. 

I was in awe of its beauty.  It was a magical day spent with those I love.
























4 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh, Cheryl! Your pictures by Lake Michigan are just amazing. SO beautiful. Your family one could make the Chirstmas Card for sure.

I have a thing with lighthouses. I just love them and have always dreamed of spending a summer living in one. I wonder if they rent out that one? :)

I've never been to Michigan either. What fun to spend Trey's birthday there.

Jana said...

You were in Michigan, so close to us ahhh... Those are beautiful pictures. I am glad you could spend time with your great in-laws.

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS pictures!! Jeff mentioned you had some beautiful captures and I had to check them out. Just beautiful, makes me wish we were there right now!

Sally said...

Beautiful. Its one of the things I love most about blogging is seeing different parts of the world via others!

The last pict should be a Christmas Card!