Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthday Fun

 Breakfast prepared and served by Brynn!
Brynn's gifts
A basketball game for Josh in SLC (not really this game, it was with his XSI team and at Riverton. This shot was taken at West High School on Feb. 8)
 Lunch at my favorite place with the whole family
A Jazz game for just the two of us


Jazz vs the Spurs

My dream camera I've been waiting YEARS for.... too bad I have no idea how to work it yet.    It took me two days to realize you popped up the flash by pushing a button.  Really should read the manual first.  What I really need is 'my camera book for dummies' I bought on Amazon.com to come in the mail.  No joke here.
The second cake of three cakes. Gotta live it up right!?  First one: it read 'Birtday' and was dry and gross.  Kids ate it while we were at the Jazz game.  This was the second one.  The third one was our 'must have' ice cream cake.  One can never have too many cakes.

A birthday breakfast the next morning with Kristi and Marcie at Blue Lemon followed by a pedicure.  Kristi got a babysitter for her twins and the girls and Zach.  This might need to become a tradition for all of our birthdays!

A birthday celebration dinner with the Hamiltons. None of us had ever been to Ruth's Chris. There was one in Louisville close to the zoo. We decided years ago that once we finished we would go together. My birthday made for a great excuse. The setting was lovely and so nice to be kid free with Todd and Kristi for a few hours. The meat was divine (though they should have asked if I wanted a filet with my butter...). They cook the steak in a 1000 degree oven and the plates they serve it on is 500 degrees. I think I actually laughed when they told us that. The desserts were heavenly. Especially the free banana creme pie. It was a really, really memorable night.






Cake at Jacksons

The birthday that just kept giving... so much fun!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How exciting about your new camera... it looks so fancy! I'm positive the pictures will be amazing.

I'm glad you had a great birthday...and with 3 cakes! All I know is the Alpine Jackson family knows how to celebrate!

We love you guys lots!