Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthday celebration


With Todd's birthday right around the corner, we knew a celebration was needed.  Here we have lived in Utah since JULY and we have yet to go out with the Hamiltons and Alcorns.  That is a crime.  Truly.  How many years have we spent Thanksgiving and birthdays and special occasions together?  Too many to recall.

We set the place (Market Street Grill in Draper) and time (5:30 sharp... let it be known the Jacksons were FINALLY on time!!) and had the most amazing time catching up.  We all needed a break.  Todd and Kristi are busy non-stop with 22 month old twins, the Alcorns are up to their eyeballs building their home and Rich and I are on the go with kid things every waking minute.  We all just needed to sit and enjoy not thinking about anything else.  The food was amazing and the company was even better.  The girls sat huddled on one side talking non-stop and at times all at the same time.  The boys were on their end laughing and talking too. 

We left feeling like we were ready for round two next Saturday.  If only life weren't so busy and we could.  Thank heavens my birthday is coming up so we can do it again soon.

Thanks for the wonderful night everyone!!


7 comments:

Sally said...

I'm jealous. What a fun group and a great rest. I love Market Street! Glad to see your all getting out a bit more!

Marcie said...

And for the record.....the Alcorns were not there at 5:30 sharp.

We are totally planning on round two. Can't wait!

Ashlee said...

I just spent more time than I'd like to admit catching up on your blog and I loved every minute of it!
Glad everything is going well. You sound super busy but that's what I would expect from the Jacksons!

miss you guys!

Ashlee said...

Ps. I need to call you and catch up on our friend Naomi! plus I started reading another one of your friends blog...

Sarah said...

Three beautiful ladies! Looked like a fun evening with good food and good friends!

Marcie said...

WIll you please post again so this very unflattering picture of me will not be in the first post.......:)

Kristi said...

What an amazing night! I'm so excited to repeat it!